A few years ago I decided to switch to using Himalayan salt rather than just normal table salt. I had read and been told of the potential dangers of consuming too much table salt and Himalayan salt sounded like a much healthier alternative.
- Pink Himalayan salt contains more calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium than table salt. These give the salt its light pink colour.
- It’s known as the purest salt on earth and has over 84 different minerals and elements.
- It tastes much nicer than table salt and you don’t need to use so much.
- Himalayan salt is also great for your skin and mind! You can use it mixed with coconut oil for a body/face scrub and you can also bath in the salts as they remineralise your body.
- You can light a candle inside a Himalayan salt lamp, the salt ions released by the heat of the candle can improve sleep, increase serotonin in the brain and can help to calm asthma symptoms.
Give it a try and see what you think :0) x